Saturday, December 31, 2011

Next year the world ends, right?

I haven't really had this blog long enough to do a retrospective on the year or a collage of my favorite outfits. So instead I am going to wax poetical for a second.

2011 was a whirlwind. Every few months brought a change. I started by making some new and wonderful friends and diving head first into some grand artistic ideas, working feverishly on my portfolio for the next 5 months besides a community of artists that I greatly miss. Oh, art school. You were a paradise that will never again be attained. I spent the summer in the Northeast traveling about and interning for one of my dream companies and the last few months of the year struggling with the economy and a terribly unfriendly job market.

Which brings me to 2012, I've got some grand adventures in the works. And even if they fail, I think I will always look back on the coming year with fondness. (That's assuming the world doesn't end like the Mayan calendar predicts!) This next year is going to be incredibly hard, but I like a challenge. And hopefully it will bring some of my dreams into reality.

And because I feel bad throwing words without pictures at you. Here are some places I was lucky enough to travel to in 2011:

 Savannah, GA - my love, my second home. 

High Point, NC - a field trip

Philadelphia, PA - a summer adventure 

New York, NY - a city of opportunity

Southampton, NY - a work trip

Not pictured due to brevity Chattanooga, TN; Atlanta, GA; Buffalo, NY; the miles and miles of the Appalachian Mountains I drove through to get to these places... and of course there is always Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment