Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Despite the Christmas music blaring in all the stores, the well-planned holiday parties and the fact that we are well into December, I was shocked to discover recently exactly how close we are to Christmas. (Seriously, when did that happen?!) And then I realized that it hasn't felt like Christmas because my family had yet to bake cookies, which usually happens in the first week or so of December. Making my Grandma's delicious Christmas cookie recipes is our one family tradition that has remained virtually unchanged since I was a kid. And, you know, it just not Christmas without anise cookies to devour secretly all day.

Today we marathon baked and decorated, and I am covered in sugar. So, here is a picture of cookies instead of my messy self! I bet you wish you could reach through the screen and eat these right now. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment