Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Haven

It's really easy to get lost in the craziness that is New York City. So many people crammed into such a small space and always in a hurry or a fuss. Everything is important here. That's why I think there is something magical about these cherry blossom trees. They are a brief oasis in an angular cityscape. They're already dropping petals, and I'll be sad when they are gone, although I suppose other trees and plants will start to bloom soon.
 
And you know, my view on cherry blossom trees is pretty similar to my view on Brooklyn. I love living in Brooklyn, even though sometimes it's a real pain to get home since walking is never an option from Manhattan. In Brooklyn there is space to breathe and places to hideaway. Your corner of the world truly feels like your own. And Manhattan never grows old or annoying or less charming because it is still a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment